Moving Home in Birmingham : Who Should I Notify?

April 5th, 2021

<!– wp:acf/content-area {
"id": "block_606ad3be761aa",
"name": "acf\/content-area",
"data": {
"content_area_label": "",
"_content_area_label": "field_5eb2cd6b95a42",
"content_area_title": "",
"_content_area_title": "field_5e725e7a479fc",
"content_area": "Moving home can be the wonderful fresh start you need. A new place, new location, new neighbours and new friends we just haven’t met yet. You may have got all the financials in place, instructed the lawyers and got the removals company all booked in.\r\n\r\nBut wait! Who needs to know you are moving home in Birmingham and why?\r\n\r\nAs a Birmingham Estate Agent of sixteen years, I've identified some of the people and organisations you should be notifying about your move. And don’t forget, I can help you create a list if you need a little bit of extra help.\r\n

    \r\n \t

  1. Don’t Bank on Them Knowing!\r\n\r\nFinancial institutions, such as banks and building societies, should be informed as soon as you can. The same goes for pension companies or credit card providers. Firstly, their paperwork has to be correct, and they often use it as a security check – think of how you get a new bank card or PIN numbers. Secondly, imagine if your bank details and personal finance arrangements are sent to the wrong address and end up in the wrong hands.\r\n\r\nTop Tip: Take time to write a list of organisations you bank with or have some sort of financial agreement with. Do this when you’re moving home and try to keep it updated as it’ll save you time in the future.\r\n
      \r\n \t

    1. Motoring Into the Future\r\n\r\nDriving off to a new home? Make sure the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency are kept informed once you’ve moved. They need to have the correct address for you and your licence, and for your car.\r\n\r\nTop Tip: The DVLA is one of many government organisations, such as HMRC, who will need to know your new address. Think about other governmental organisations who have info about you and make sure they all know the changes.\r\n
        \r\n \t

      1. Power to the Utility Providers\r\n\r\nYou will have been paying for your gas, water and electricity bills, and it might be that when you move, you’ll have new suppliers. Make sure your old suppliers have updated details for the property you have moved out of – after all, you do not want to be paying someone else’s bills. Remember to update your TV licence and TV companies too.\r\n\r\nTop Tip: Don’t forget to take your meter readings when you move so that you are billed for what you have used, and no more.\r\n\r\n\r\n
          \r\n \t

        1. A Health Checklist\r\n\r\nWhether you have a medical condition or are as fit as a fiddle, you will have a doctor and the GP surgery where you are registered must have your updated details on file. This goes for the dentist too, and the optician, and any other medical services provider to whom you are registered.\r\n\r\nGPs often use addresses for identification purposes too, so it’s a security requirement as well.\r\n\r\nTop Tip: Communicate with your medical providers as soon as you can. You don’t want important letters going to the wrong address.\r\n
            \r\n \t

          1. Education and Employment Matters\r\n\r\nThese two areas are aligned as education and employment are often linked. It’s a good idea to deal with them together, so you don’t forget. Schools, nurseries, training providers, and employers all need up to date information as they will all need a record and be able to communicate with you via letter if they need to.\r\n\r\nTop Tip: Group your thinking together. There’s less chance of missing something then.\r\n
              \r\n \t

            1. Council Tax\r\n\r\nLove it or hate it, we all have to pay council tax on the property in which we live. Worked out by several factors and set by the local council, it’s vital that you pay what you need to pay. If you don’t let the council know you’ve moved, you might get a notice to pay for a property that is no longer yours.\r\n\r\nTop Tip: There are various ways to contact your local council with your new details, from phone to live chat to email. Whichever method you choose, it a priority to let them know.\r\n\r\nYou might also want to let family and friends know – or you might not if you’re having a fresh start!\r\n\r\nI hope this gives you a clearer idea of who you need to notify! Still looking for the perfect property in Birmingham ? Call me on 07581875215 or email, and let’s get the conversation started.”,
              “_content_area”: “field_5e725ef86b9c3”,
              “content_area_call_to_action_text”: “Need an accurate and realistic home valuation?”,
              “_content_area_call_to_action_text”: “field_5eb2d79c7babc”,
              “content_area_call_to_action_link_type”: “enquiry_modal”,
              “_content_area_call_to_action_link_type”: “field_5eb2d7a37babd”,
              “content_area_call_to_action”: “”,
              “_content_area_call_to_action”: “field_5eb2d7907babb”,
              “content_area_center_content”: “0”,
              “_content_area_center_content”: “field_5e78e9263c629”,
              “add_valuation_form”: “0”,
              “_add_valuation_form”: “field_5ec96c71fa54e”,
              “background_colour”: “theme-light”,
              “_background_colour”: “field_5ec50a7ea8ba5”,
              “add_top_spacing”: “1”,
              “_add_top_spacing”: “field_5eb94ffbe5568”,
              “top_spacing_size”: “section-padding-top”,
              “_top_spacing_size”: “field_5eb95004e5569”,
              “add_bottom_spacing”: “1”,
              “_add_bottom_spacing”: “field_5eb950231ca34”,
              “bottom_spacing_size”: “section-padding-bottom”,
              “_bottom_spacing_size”: “field_5eb9502e1ca35”
              “align”: “”,
              “mode”: “edit”
              } /–>